[Last-Call] Re: L2 posting rights restriction

On 6/10/24 10:58, Chris Box wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 at 14:44, Ofer Inbar <cos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Responding to someone's comment by publicly hitting on her and using
that to deflect from the content of what she wrote is so over the line
that the fact that he did not very quickly apologize means he should
be banned permanently.

Ofer,

The standard operating procedures [1] of the IETF list Moderators do not have a sanction higher than L2 which is a 14-day posting rights restriction. Looking at the list charter [2] I don't see any prohibition on going longer than that, but I'd like to hear community views on what a Level 3 should look like, if you think such a thing is sometimes necessary.

The response to that offensive posting has left me near speechless. If that didn't warrant an immediate and permanent ban what does?

This just reinforces the view that the IETF does not take this kind of behavior seriously.