Re: On the difference between scenarios A and B in Carl's report

> The thing that left me most uncomfortable with Scenario B as described was
> that it presented a smorgasboard of options ("here are ten menu choices -
> take your pick"), where some of them (the MoU) were totally obvious, and
> some had (in my mind) severe disadvantages. So we can't say "we go for
> scenario B" and have the discussion be finished, we have to be able to say
> "Options 1, 3, 5 and 7 make sense, the rest does not, and besides, here's
> option 17 that wasn't in the original document".

There are 7 mechanisms listed, but in no way did I expect some substantial
number of them to be adopted.  Indeed, they are listed as straw-men and
I did not make a recommendation.  The idea was to illustrate a range of
options and I left the hard part (deciding what to do) to the community to
decide.

Regards,

Carl