Re: On the difference between scenarios A and B in Carl's report

Hi Harald,

At 9:32 AM +0200 9/6/04, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
These BCPs are the IETF's expectations on IETF behaviour. They cannot constrain the behaviour of ISOC, unless ISOC makes an explict commitment by Board resolution to do so, as it has done for its roles in the standards process, the Nomcom process and IPR issues.

Any of the choices that you have put forth would require an explicit resolution by the ISOC Board of Trustees. I don't personally think that one type of ISOC Board resolution represents a lesser commitment than another, and I believe that ISOC's track record shows that we take the responsibilities quite seriously that we have accepted based on IETF BCPs.