[Last-Call] Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-tcpo-v6eh-11

Benoit Claise writes:
> We could potentially ask the RFC-editors to do this task? Or maybe
> they do it automatically?

I do not think they do it automatically, and usually it is better to
leave that to the experts. Some of the RFC titles are long, and people
who are experts on those protocols can make much better shorter
versions for them, and still keep them understandable.

For example the RFC editor can modify rFC 7011 to say "Specification
of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of
Flow Information", but most likely something like "IPFIX
specification" would be good enough and still provide useful reference
to the reader which RFC we are talking about.

RFC editor can do the mechanical expansion, but to make things easier
to user is the one we are aiming for, and that might need that we for
example expand it competely in the first time, and after that use
shorter name for that specification, that still is enough to properly
identify it inside this draft.
--
kivinen@xxxxxx