[Last-Call] Re: SDO references, was Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-bcp97bis-05.txt> (Procedure for Standards Track Documents to Refer Normatively to External Documents) to Best Current Practice

I'd like to point out that IEEE 802 standards are available for free, 6 months after publication. See here:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/browse/standards/get-program/page/series?id=68

In the case of IEEE 802.1Qcc-2018, as an amendment to the base IEEE 802.1Q standard, it's now rolled up into IEEE 802.1Q-2022.

For IEEE 802.15.4-2015, the superseding IEEE 802.15.4-2020 is available for free.

I do realize that these are not necessarily the versions noted below, and I realize that this is not the best approach when a stable, older reference is required. This is an artifact of the way the IEEE Get Program is run.

As I understand it, the IEEE Get Program is funded by the projects that choose to make their standards freely available (again, 6 months after publication), so not all IEEE standards are available this way.

		-Peter