Re: [saag] SSH & Ntruprime

On 4/9/24 14:14, John Scudder wrote:

But document hosting arrangements are subordinate to the main point in
any case. I was referring to the perverse incentive to keep the
specification development outside the IETF process. IMO, we want to be a
 place where people want to bring their ideas for development. I laid
out reasons why the suggested draconian enforcement of the I-D
boilerplate could lead to people avoiding us instead. If that’s not a
perverse incentive, I don’t know what is.

The odd thing is that the I-D submission process was originally intended to be very low overhead, before XML and the lawyers and even the tools got in the way.

Keith