Re: [Last-Call] [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd-06

Ib my experience (and I did charter the PIM and MPLS working groups in ancient history), the distinction between pt2mp for MPLS and IP Multicast are not about scale.  I do not think any of the defining documents deal with what scale they aim at.  IP Multicast includes SSM, which is pt-2-mpt, and ASM, which is mp-2-mp.

I actually tend to doubt that the BFD error indications will cause data plane congestion, given the relative rates and expected scales.  But it is our job to say so.  Then other folks can decide wheether we have sufficiently addressed the questions.

Yours,

Joel