Re: [Last-Call] [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-bfd-06

Greg, Joel, all

Traditionally we have distinguished between "p2mp" for MPLS, and
"multicast" for IP. An IP multicast service might easily reach a "large
number of leaves", while MPLS p2mp is more of an "transport" service
where the number of leaves are moderate.

I'm not saying that that "moderate number" might not cause the problems
Greg and Joel discusses, but it might be an idea to think a bit about
the scale. How many leaves is required to cause:

- data plane congestion?
- control plane overload?

Currently I don't see any data plane problems (correct me if I'm wrong),
while control plane overload is a possibility.

/Loa