From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2024 4:14:17 PM
To: Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Lloyd W <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf <IETF@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adding IPv10 I-D to the IETF 119 meeting agenda

Khaled,

Two comments (personal opinion): to add to Lloyd's

(1) Before you withdrew your draft, you were given several very
specific comments.  I suggest that you review and pay careful
attention to them in a revised draft before you suggest that
IETF participants pay attention to the ideas.  Also, be sure you
note the IETF's policies on copyright, etc.  Specifically, if
you post a new draft, do not expect that it can later be
withdrawn from the archives.

(2) While it could, in theory, be reopened, the agenda for the
next IETF meeting has now closed.   You could ask for time in
conjunction with an IntArea meeting or on the new ALLDISPATCH
one, but I believe that either would require, not only a new
draft, as Lloyd mentioned, but convincing the leadership for
those meetings to put that draft on the agenda.  They may have
different opinions than I do, but, if I were making those
decisions, I would require not only the kinds of adjustments or
corrections to your proposal as suggested above but a clear
statement of why you demanded your draft be withdrawn and why
you intend to participate in the IETF process in good faith.

good luck,
    john

--On Saturday, February 24, 2024 08:56 +0000 Khaled Omar