Re: [Last-Call] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-14

Daniel,

On 2/22/24 4:28 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On Thu 2024-02-22 15:41:35 -0500, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
But I do encourage you to say *something* about web server based email
clients, since they are such a big part of the ecosystem.  (What
percentage of all emails have gmail on at least one end?) Perhaps
discuss the limitations on secure email with such clients.

I wouldn't want to delay the release of the draft on this, and i'd be
concerned about it blowing up into a large critique of the web
permissions model, which is really outside the scope of what we can
possibly review.

But i hear you that at least some reference to this as a concern might
be warranted.  I've noted this over at
https://gitlab.com/dkg/e2e-mail-guidance/-/issues/12 so there is a place
to keep track of the issue.

If you (or anyone reading this) wants to propose some short, well-scoped
text (either on this thread or in the issue), i'd be happy to review.

In the end this is your call. And I don't feel I have sufficient understanding of the subject to craft such text. But, if I am asked to do a telechat review of this document I will raise the issue so that the IESG think about it. Then it will be their call.

	Thanks,
	Paul