Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-e2e-mail-guidance-14

Hi Bron,

Thank you for your review!

On 21/02/2024 17:05, Bron Gondwana via Datatracker wrote:
Reviewer: Bron Gondwana
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned ARTART reviewer for this document.  I'm very experienced in
email, and have some experience in the use of encryption.  While I haven't read
this entire document before, I've had in-person conversations with the authors
about it a few times!

It's very well written, and does and excellent job of calling out future work
and laying out the complete problem space.  In that way I think it's a very
valuable document, and as an informative document it should be published.
Thank you.
I do have some concerns about the implementability (particularly, as already
called out in another review, the "strip things which aren't secure enough when
quoting for reply" which will likely make users feel there's something wrong
with their client).

What do you mean by "implementability"? This is not going to be that hard to implement, it might just be surprising to users.

Would showing a warning to the user be a better thing instead?

Will client authors refer to this document when designing
things?  Maybe.  It's better than not having anything.

With my "ART Area" hat on, there are no conflicts here with other documents or
with work happening in ART.

I recommend publishing this document.

Best Regards,

Alexey