Re: [Last-Call] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-babel-rtt-extension-05

Thanks, Antoine.

> * In some parts of the draft, the authors personalize their text using "we" or
> "our" (for instance in section 3.3 or in the introduction of section 4). The
> authors might want to rephrase those sentences using a more neutral form.

Agreed.

> * In section 4.1, I was frustrated by the use of vague terms like "fairly" or
> "somewhat" which gives the impression that the phenomenon described is
> difficult to observe, and may not require the use of a proper smoothing
> algorithm.

I'll try to find some more serious-looking terms.

> * In section 4.1 and 4.3, the text mentions external references to describe
> algorithms that the implementer could be using to avoid strong oscillations in
> the route selection algorithm. I would have appreciated to have a rough
> intuition of the behavior of those algorithms in the text directly, while
> keeping the reference to point to more detailed descriptions.

I'm not sure how to do that.  Both "exponential average" and "hysteresis
algorithm" are familiar terms, I'm not sure how I can make them more
accurate without spelling out the algorithms in detail.

Thanks again,

-- Juliusz