Re: [Alldispatch] Taking draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03 forward

I don’t follow.  The URL can correctly be predicted at the time that xml2rfc is being run, or during the submission process.  I don’t see any causality issues here.

Thinking about it more, you are probably right.

No, I’m just saying that you cannot ever reliably get the status from the draft itself, so if readers need this information then they have no choice but to look it up somewhere online that could know (or have a much better guess) as to the actual status of the document.

Ok.  Not sure I agree it will help, but I understand your point.