A very useful approach for a cartel or an industry group (was: Comments on draft-thomson-gendispatch-no-expiry-03)

Hi Brian,
At 06:35 PM 24-01-2024, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I very much doubt that WHATWG originated that idea, but it is indeed a very useful approach for a cartel or an industry group of any kind to adopt, since it tends to hinder outsiders. It isn't necessarily beneficial to the free market or to the user community.

I came across a correspondence a few months ago [1]. The IAB/IESG reply did not refer to "free market" or "user community". It does mention that the IETF "welcomes all interested individuals and participants come from all over the world and from many different parts of the Internet industry." and the related policies. However, there is another point which I might pay attention to as it is better to keep some distance from that kind of trouble.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/2023.01.26_Correspondence_IETF.pdf

P.S. Your service provider rejected my email the last time I replied to your email. You may be able to receive a copy of this email through the mailing list.