Re: [Last-Call] [babel] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-babel-rtt-extension-04

> This document enhances the Babel routing protocol by allowing gathering
> of RTT measurements from neighbours (and then using that for routing
> decisions). From reading the Security Considerations of RFC 8966 (last
> para), it seems that geolocation privacy was a concern with the original
> Babel spec. Allowing extremely-fine-grained (1 microsecond) RTT
> measurements makes that infinitely worse, especially for users on mobile
> or behind VPNs, who typically have special privacy needs.

Thanks.  I've just submitted -05 which expands the security considerations
to mention this comment.

(Sorry for the delay, it looks like your mail got lost in the mass, and
thanks to Donald for sending me a friendly reminder.)

-- Juliusz Chroboczek