Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

On Sun, 15 Oct 2023, Carsten Bormann wrote:
I read the list once in a while using a threaded mail client and half the screen is counting the other half of the screen.
Ah.  So you are counting threads, not messages.
Maybe we can ask JohnL to format the messages so they all appear in one thread on your user agent?  Would make the bot output slightly more useful for me, too.  (Yes, it is useful, not only for self-supervision.)

Every message count message has a subject line starting

 Messages from the ietf list for the week ending

That should be easy enough to filter on, but if adding References and In-Reply-To headers to thread them would deter some kvetching, sure.

As to why I send out the messages, I see that several people have already answered the question on my behalf, and nobody's asked me, so who am I to disagree?

R's,
John