Call for participation: Bad Attitude Pecha Kucha @ IETF 118

Time: Wednesday, November 8 at 10 pm local time (CEST)
Location: TBD

Come share your favorite stories, rants, or calls to action with your colleagues at IETF 118. If you have a topic about which you are passionate, you can give a Pecha Kucha.

What is a Pecha Kucha, you ask? A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically. With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief.

This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited. Anyone can participate in this social event.

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first-come, first-served.

* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to krose@xxxxxxxxx and receive confirmation.

* Presenters have two choices for talk format:

    - You may adhere to the traditional Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds). Try to avoid animations as they may interfere with the 20 second auto-advance.

    - You may alternatively use your 6:40 slot to give a presentation in some other format, but you will be strictly limited to those 400 seconds, after which the Lars Eggert rule will come into force. I should be able to provide you with direct control over slide advancement via wireless remote.

* I must receive your final slide deck no later than the start of the Plenary on Wednesday (i.e., by 5pm local time). Earlier is better.

* Please provide slides in PDF, ODP, or PPT format. Given the constraints of the room projector setup, I cannot guarantee you will be able to hook up your own laptop, so please design your deck to be presentable via PDF viewer or OpenOffice.

* There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a good Pecha Kucha. Here are some links:

    https://www.pechakucha.com/
    https://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html
    https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/

* This is an in-person event only: while talks will be recorded (thanks to the fine efforts of our own Tero Kivinen), they will not be live-streamed and there will be no remote participation.

I hope to see you there!

Kyle