Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

Hiya,

On 14/10/2023 18:52, Paul Wouters wrote:
I read the list once in a while using a threaded mail client and half the screen is counting the other half of the screen.

Yeah, but so what?

Reason I'm going on a bit more about this is I think the whole
"these email lists are toxic" or "we should only ever discuss
things on the most-specific mailing list possible" points are by
now overblown - the pendulum has IMO swung too far away from what
is not a bad way to operate for people who find the asynchronous
nature of email discussion just fine, even if there's a bot mail
or silly argument now and then.

So I'd ask those of you who prefer other means of interaction
to be a little more tolerant of those who are ok with imperfect
humans (ab)using list email if that's ok:-)

Thanks,
S.

PS: I include in the above sending (what seem to me) critical-sounding
mails to first-time posters who've used this list instead of a WG
list.