Re: Bot postings, was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Oct 8 06:00:02 2023

Thomas Narten used to send these posts and they've been around as long as I've been around which is a very long time.

You can find past discussion from the community as to whether people find them valuable around the time John started being the poster:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/eFnxqosHQVRnIaRPobzjcbzTCpA/

Personally, when I've been engaged in discussions, seeing my name near the top of the list is a reminder that it might be time to drop the discussion as many on this list can go on for a very long time, which can be way more annoying than this weekly message IMHO.   I think it's also somewhat useful in considering diversity within our community as you can see that it's not a very diverse list of people that do post.

Regards,
Mary.