RE: hop-by-hop and router alert options [Re: Question about use o f RSVP in Production Networks]

hi pekka,

if you want to discover nodes somewhere along the path (between a particular
source and a destination address) then you have a limited number of choices.
the router alert option is one option and certainly not better or worse than
other options.

do you have a suggestion how to accomplish the same functionality (as
required by rsvp or similar protocols) in a better fashion?

ciao
hannes