Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-oam-yang-12.txt> (YANG Data Models for the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol) to Proposed Standard

Hi Tom,

(as doc Shepherd)

Please see inline two specific points.

Cheers,
Med

[Med] This is actually used in example-vendor-alto-data-source:

      when 'derived-from-or-self(alto:source-type,'
         + '"yang-datastore")';

Section 5.4.1 includes a pointer to that appendix. I trust the authors will update the text for better clarity.

> Appendix A
> examples should use the values reserved for documentation use

[Med] There is no such a thing for the prefix to be used by an example module. We may discuss the need as part of the ongoing rfc8407bis effort.

draft-ietf-alto-oam-yang already adheres to this part from RFC8407:

   Example modules are non-normative and SHOULD be named with the prefix
   "example-".

...but I think you are right that some better names can be used to avoid confusion. At least, the authors may consider updating the modules names/prefixes: s/vendor-/example-.

Thank you.