Re: Port independent web services

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

URI doesn't have quite the flexibility of SRV + TXT though.

The problem is that we don't need flexibility at all
and the flexibility that URI may not have authority
section is bad enough, which is why generic URI
must be excluded from consideration for port
independence.

> One issue that might be relevant here is the transition from using
> the same protocol for client/resolver and for resolver/authoritative
> to a mode where the client talks to the resolver via an
> authenticated, encrypted protocol.

Our tradition for web services is to have http: and
https: separately.

						Masataka Ohta