Re: Proposal for Consolidating Parts of the ART & TSV Areas

On Sep 12, 2023, at 10:45, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   And IETF is already overly bureaucratic, and this would appear to make it worse.

> I don't think IETF management needs more ways to insulate decision-makers from complaint.  IMO IETF management is already too insulated, is far too able to violate the IETF Consensus rules that have been established for its operation.

The first item hints at too many rules. The second hints at not enough rules. How would you address one issue without making the other issue worse?

As for directorate or other people’s review causing you more time in the past, that is correct. Reading more opinions takes more time for an AD, but arguably does leave the AD with a more informed opinion and thus ends up with a better result. If they reviews were bad and didn’t add value, it’s only cost is to the AD is time. That is, I would be happy to encourage people to leave me more reviews to read.

Paul