Re: [Last-Call] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-07

Hi,

Not being an expert __at all__,  I tend to think that in general UBA is handling these different directions (not sure about the whitespaces). In some cases elements (like URI for example) have their own specification.  This does not mean that there are no ambiguous situations in handling the JS Contact elements which I would see as a higher level protocol.

If that is correct, my impression is that defining such a higher level protocol is a bit out of scope of these documents and opens the door to something way more complex - Maybe I am wrong. A middle ground area could be to provide some recommendations that we are aware of, without claiming we have achieved something complete. I also tend to think that such work could be handled in the future and would have  a limited effect on the current specs. The current ones are more on the model structure, that spec would be more specific on how elements are displayed.

My concerns are whether a complete unambiguous specification regarding how to handle the display of the scripts is reasonably achievable in this WG.
If so, do we want to have that description in the current documents or start a new document?
If not, my concern is that we try to over-specify and end up in doing the wrong thing. I think we should acknowledge we do not claim to be unambiguous and make sure this could at least be solved in the future without necessarily requiring a bis document.This does not mean we have to leave all issues pending, but we could at least provide some guidance based on the example/examples that come to us. In that sense, the question could be what situations/ examples we have that we want to solve and clarify ?

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Yours,
Daniel