Re: [Last-Call] Dnsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis-10

Hi Kyzer,

Thank for your clarification here.

It looks like you have taken the text in section 4.3 of RFC4122

"Convert the name to a canonical sequence of octets (as defined by
the standards or conventions of its name space); put the name
space ID in network byte order.”

and rephrased it in this draft.

My question remains - what is a “canonical” sequence of octets? Or even its opposite -
what is a sequence of octets that is NOT “canonical”?

In a standards document it seems reasonable to ask for extremely clear
specifications, and I just don’t understand what you are getting at with the
use of the term “canonical” here.

regards,

   Geoff