Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-24

Mario:

Thank you for your response.

You are correct.  My editorial #3 should be:

New: /However, the core RDAP specifications

already define search queries with similar processing requirements so the basis

of this objection is not clear./

I noticed that the OPS-DIR review indicated operational difficulties that I did not consider:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-24-opsdir-lc-chown-2023-08-21/

For my own curiosity and learning, I found Tim Chown’s two questions were import:

1) why did you state “should” instead of MUST for HTTPS?

Excerpt from Tim Chown’s review:

The Privacy Considerations section also quite rightly talks about HTTPS being

required for reverse search. But I’m curious as to why the reverse search

functionality SHOULD only be accessible to authorised users for specific use

cases, rather than MUST?  And is that ‘should’ in paragraph two of the Privacy

Considerations a SHOULD?

I wonder also here whether as per other RDAP specs I’ve looked at as part of

this review there is the privacy of the querier to be considered, but I suppose

if specific authorization is required then that is an unrealistic expectation?

2) Should you include comments on rate limiting of reverse RDAP?

Thank you, Sue Hares