Re: The IETF's email mess [was: RE: Large messages to 6man list]

On 20-Aug-23 08:58, Warren Kumari wrote:

On Fri, Aug 18 2023 at 7:21 PM, George Michaelson <ggm@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ggm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have used a mixture of plaintext (MH) and marked up mail since Diamond from BBN in the mid-80s. Diamond was interesting but painful.

    I say this to point out that the problems of mixed format mail have been with us since before the IETF existed.

[ off-list ]

??

I think "we can't solve this" is defeatist and "we can solve this" is hubristic.

Cute!

My question is only whether we can mitigate the problem (which this thread is naturally enough now exhibiting very well).