Re: Expired e-mail addresses

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 09:31:42PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> > It should be possible to have an email contact address that never
> > expires.  Yes, they blew it for SMTP...

It doesn't cost much money to have your own domain, at least by
1st-world standards.  You can pay to have it hosted by a series
of providers, making sure they provide working IMAP, so that
the mailbox can be moved to another.

I realise that self-hosting is no longer as practical as it used to be.
I am one of a diminishing community of holdouts.

And just having a portable callsign isn't enough, I do want portable
content.

--
    Viktor.