Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

My reasoning for decreased US attendance vs Japan:

US doesn't span that many timezones. If you're also in US, you can shift your day an hour or two and dial in remotely. Japan is too far shifted to do that. may as well just go there.

flying inside US to US meeting means flying a US carrier. even frequent flyer status can't make me do that.

there are a lot of people who will not fly to the US. gun violence is rife, needing healthcare is a big risk, governmental institutions are crumbling, they had an attempted coup a couple of years back, many inner cities (Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco) are dangerous, etc.

Japan has little crime by comparison.

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx