Re: Approaching the IETF - A View from Civil Society

Could this discussion/thread please be moved somewhere else? It seems inappropriate for the IETF general list. I’m fairly sure everyone here has already heard the same old pro-and anti-crypto perspectives. IMO it’s not helpful to rehash them here. Besides, much of that debate concerns policy matters. And the IETF does not do policy. Allegedly.

Nick Hilliard suggested writing an RFC to document the incompatibility between strong encryption and lawful intercept. Working on that I-D would be a far more productive and effective use of everyone’s time.