Re: [Last-Call] Dnsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dnsop-zoneversion-02

Dear Nicolai, thanks a lot for your review.
Comments between lines:

On 02:17 25/07, Nicolai Leymann via Datatracker wrote:
> Reviewer: Nicolai Leymann
> Review result: Ready with Nits
>
> I am the designated DNS Directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-dnsop-zoneversion.
> The draft is well written and defines an EDNS option which can be used for
> debugging purposes.
>
> In general I think the draft is ready for publication.
>
> Nits:
> During the WGLC there were a some discussions on the -02 version of the
> document to clarify a few details in wording. I have not seen any update to the
> document and it might be useful to check if those comments need to be addressed.

That's right, an update was on the way and we've just released version
-03 which precisely targets the latest comments.

> The size of an "unsigned decimal integer" is not defined (see rfc6891).

The mentions of "unsigned decimal integer" are in the sections that
indicate the *presentation* format of the fields. It's not part of the
on-the-wire format, so we believe that this declaration is sufficient
without specifying the length.

> It might be useful to extend some of the abbrevation if they are used the first
> time (e.g., meaning of RR, SOA, ... depends on context).

Thanks, added in the -03 version.

Best regards,

Hugo