Re: NomCom 2023 Update on Volunteers

I am a bit confused about the latest announcement.

> I will disqualify a selection as necessary and immediately select the next volunteer.

A minor nit. You don't mean the next one in the list, you mean the next one as determined by the cascading digest list, right?

> As always, if you believe an error was made, decisions can be challenged. Any challenges will be announced and a redraw will occur with newly chosen random seeds.

I had thought you were planning on using the hash-chain for ALL cases of "have to pick a new voting volunteer." I guess I interpreted "otherwise unable to serve" from [1] as including disqualification.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/AU_AU090x_QditW9QowuvmciQu0/