Re: [Last-Call] [Ntp] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-17

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 01:21, Neta R S <neta.r.schiff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Byzantine is just a term commonly used in distributed computing to represent a powerful generic attacker, for example the attacker is aware of the protocols run by others but is not limited to acting by them. I simplified the relevant sentence in the Introduction to show that Byzantine has no special meaning in this contest. I leave it there for the relation to the distributed computing literature.

I think a query of Google for "byzantine fault detection" and a search of RFC 5905 (NTPv4) for the term would caution against using it generically in this context.

Cheers,
Dave Hart