Re: RFC 8252

On 6/28/23 2:23 PM, John Scudder wrote:
On Jun 28, 2023, at 4:31 PM, Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

My main problem is how the IESG failed so badly to not catch this. I
mean, how can the advice "bad guys should be good" get through review of
a BCP?
For what it’s worth, I see two IESG members did acknowledge the issue you raise while the document was being evaluated [1], even using language very similar to your comment quoted above. Adam Roach’s ballot says,

So I read those two comments and what is striking is that there were "No Objection". So my comment on process failure is even more pertinent, not less.

Mike