Re: Mailing list identification, e.g., [IETF], in subject lines (was: RE: Names of standards-track RFCs )

Not to feed the troll, but, if I remember correctly, the overwhelming
response is always:  we don't need it.  Procmail can filter fine without
it.

So, since there's no one vehemently opposed to it (that I can remember),
why not just turn it on, to avoid the quarterly request?  Not everyone
uses procmail / nice mailers to filter their mail.  Some people are even
forced to use Windows mailers! *shudder*

-Dave

On Thursday, 15 Jul 2004, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> Short answer:
>
> No.
>
> Long answer:
>
> This item has been discussed to death once every 3 months on this very
> list. We have never found a consensus to add these tags.
>
>                  Harald
>
> --On 15. juli 2004 10:35 -0400 John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Hi.
> >
> >Since I'm the apparent offender...
> >
> >Those little inserts are a function of list management software
> >(which software is chosen and how it is configured), and not the
> >actions of individual authors (despite the indication I manually
> >included in this posting).  If a change in how the IETF list
> >works is needed, you probably need to take it up with the
> >Secretariat or the IESG.

David Frascone

    Fife. n. Small shrill instrument that rhymes with wife.