Re: Rivest's S-Expressions I-D no longer found

RFC1602 - published March 1994 appears to be the point at which ISOC started claiming rights in contributions.  Assuming this was actually a November 1997 draft, it would be covered by the contributions language and most IPR issues shouldn't apply if someone wanted to get it published as an RFC (or reinstated as a draft as below - we really should have a copy of this in any case).

All that's the sort of legalistic view.  The polite thing to do would be to ask Dr Rivest and MIT to re-post it somewhere somewhat stable as suggested elsewhere.

Later. Mike

 Contributor agrees to grant, and does grant to ISOC, a
              perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide right
              and license under any copyrights in the contribution to
              reproduce, distribute, perform or display publicly and
              prepare derivative works that are based on or incorporate
              all or part of the contribution, and to reproduce,
              distribute and perform or display publicly any such
              derivative works, in any form and in all languages, and to
              authorize others to do so.