Re: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-jsonpath-iregexp-06

I was reading your note and agreeing that yes, it remains possible to devise regexps that are going to cause combinatorial nasties in almost any conceivable implementation, but unconvinced about the conclusion that it is "still not advisable to run arbitrary user-provided regular expressions on your hardware", because it seems to me that the only way to find out if the regexp is evil is to run it.

But I think your closing paragraph provides a solution.