Re: [Tools-discuss] Unpublished patent disclosure

On 20-Apr-23 07:27, John Levine wrote:
It appears that John C Klensin  <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> said:
Hmm.   First, it seems to me that our strategy in this area is
an IETF Trust issue, not an LLC one.

Absolutely not. The Trust only handles our copyrights and trademarks.
It does not have any patent assets and I am quite sure it would refuse
any attempts to give it any.

To be clear, the policy belongs to neither the Trust nor the LLC. It's
an IETF process matter, and the LLC's role is to administer that policy.
All we have here is a tooling bug.

   Brian

The IPR disclosure system only makes sense for patents. If someone has
a copyright claim, they send a DMCA takedown notice. If they have a
trademark claim (hard to imagine given what we do) they send a lawyer
letter.

R's,
John

.