Re: [Tools-discuss] Unpublished patent disclosure

It appears that John C Klensin  <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> said:
>Hmm.   First, it seems to me that our strategy in this area is
>an IETF Trust issue, not an LLC one.

Absolutely not. The Trust only handles our copyrights and trademarks.
It does not have any patent assets and I am quite sure it would refuse
any attempts to give it any.

The IPR disclosure system only makes sense for patents. If someone has
a copyright claim, they send a DMCA takedown notice. If they have a
trademark claim (hard to imagine given what we do) they send a lawyer
letter.

R's,
John