Re: Changes in moderators

Hi everyone,

Since I'm not known to most of you, I thought I'd tell you a little about myself.

I'm a Brit, and work for BT where my day job involves the design of the EE mobile network. I've been attending IETF meetings for four years and I have huge respect for the engineering knowledge and skill this community possesses. You lead the world and have created some tremendous technologies, with more to come.

At BT I manage a small team, set direction for a handful of technical systems, and think about the needs of the future. In the IETF space I have not yet written the drafts that I would like to, but I started this relatively late in life. Give me a time machine and I would tell myself to engage in the IETF while still at university. I see many capable graduates here with great ideas. An ongoing task is to learn more IETF history, as this helps in moving forward. I was a member of the 2021 NomCom which was a most valuable experience.

I'm aware this is a very diverse community with a range of views, yet the moderator is required to make a binary decision. A post is either appropriate or it's not. It's inevitable that any such decision will result in some of you thinking it is the wrong decision. I will attempt to draw the line in the middle of the range of views of the community. For that I will need a good idea of your perspectives. I will be in Osanbashi Pier on Thursday so please come up to me and tell me what you think. My datatracker profile (https://datatracker.ietf.org/person/chris.box.ietf@xxxxxxxxx) contains a mug shot taken in Vienna.

As moderators we commit to reading every message sent to the list. Right now we're not set up yet, so can't be contacted on moderators@xxxxxxxx, but that will happen in due course.

Hope you all have an enjoyable and productive 116.

Chris