Re: [admin-discuss] Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Proof of Stake is what has enabled all these crypto-Ponzi schemes, it introduced the notion of getting paid 'interest' on your crypto. Yes, I know that Etheruem only started POS recently but the idea that it 'might happen' was enough for the FTX fraud.

There is no need to create a fake currency to prevent rollback attacks on a digest chain. Don't need proof of work or proof of stake or any fake currency. All you need is to mesh all the chains together so that 1) nobody can defect without the defection being visible and 2) everyone becomes their own ground truth for evaluating notarized signatures - provided they were running their own notary log at the time.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 9:05 PM Michael McBride <michael.mcbride@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Best thing we could do for the planet would be to develop a technology that kills TTTSNBN dead

Let’s do it. PoS already uses 99.95% less energy than PoW. Perhaps we can do better.

mike