Re: [admin-discuss] Next steps towards a net zero IETF

It appears that Andrew Sullivan  <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>To begin with, of course, actually building in some cost from carbon emissions requires two things: (1) an analysis of how much carbon an
>activity creates and (2) a commitment to spending that additional money. ...

In case it wasn't clear, I think it is a fine plan to figure out what
the IETF's carbon budget is, and to look at the costs of changing that
budget by possible changes to the way we work.

But barring implausibly large improvements in the quality and
reliability of offsets, I don't think it is a good idea to spend money
on them.

R's,
John