Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Christian Huitema wrote:

I am pretty disappointed to see the IETF LLC investing in the "carbon offset" strategy, let alone paying consultants to produce an expensive report.

Agreed. Link below should be a clear evidence that such
nasty ideas as "zero emmission" and SDGs are for nothing.

	https://unctad.org/data-visualization/now-8-billion-and-counting-where-worlds-population-has-grown-most-and-why

Carbon offset is basically all about PR

A problem is that it is a profitable business for some
as you mentioned "an expensive report".

> Let's please focus on the harm reduction part, not the
> PR maximization part.

There is no such thing as a harm reduction part, I'm afraid.

Many who are not seriously considering carbon neutrality
are just deceived.

						Masataka Ohta