Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF

Greg Wood <ghwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1) “...changing how the IETF operates, such as by reducing the number
> of in-person IETF meetings, are out of scope for this [IETF LLC]
> effort as those should be community-led discussions.”

Let's say that we [the IETF community] wanted to start with at least a
shift to 1 online meeting a year.  What's the next earliest meeting we
could try that with [and I say try knowing full well we've done many
online meetings]?  IE, it would need to be one that we're not under
contract with, or not super close to contracting right?  That would mean
IETF 119?  The upcoming meetings list currently has places listed for
everything through July of 2025 but IETF-119.

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI