Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-add-encrypted-dns-09

On Feb 17, 2023, at 3:29 PM, Robert Sparks via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nit: The discussion in paragraph 3 of section 3 and the note that follows are
> currently ambiguous. When it calls out that 2865 limits the size of DHCP
> options and that 7499 and 7930 relaxes the limit, is it only trying to inform
> where the recommendation of supporting 65535 bytes came from? Or is it trying
> to constrain the size of any DHCP option added to the the attributes defined
> here to 4096?

  The goal is to say that the default limit for RADIUS packets is 4096 octets, and that limit can only be extended by implementing the negotiation discussed in the other specifications.

  So we would like to suggest 64K packets here, but we can't mandate them,

  Alan DeKok.