From: mohamed.boucadair@xxxxxxxxxx <mohamed.boucadair@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 8:06 AM
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gen-art@xxxxxxxx <gen-art@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: draft-ietf-opsawg-sap.all@xxxxxxxx <draft-ietf-opsawg-sap.all@xxxxxxxx>, last-call@xxxxxxxx <last-call@xxxxxxxx>, opsawg@xxxxxxxx <opsawg@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-sap-12

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the review.

SAPs can be seen as an abstraction of customer-facing Termination Points (TPs) with specific service provisions. However, a difference between SAPs and TPs is that (1) links are terminated by a single TP, not sets of TPs while (2) an Attachment Circuit can be terminated by multiple SAPs. Will add a mention about this to draft.

The association between a SAP and a TP is ensured by the following data node:

==
   'parent-termination-point':  Includes a reference to the parent
      termination point to which the SAP is bound.  As per Section 4.2
      of [RFC8345], a termination point terminates a link in a node.  A
      termination point can be a physical port, an interface, etc.

      This attribute is used, e.g., to associate an interface with its
      sub-interfaces as all these interfaces may be listed under the
      SAPs of a node.  It is also used to link a SAP with the physical
      topology.
==

Cheers,
Med