Re: [saag] Ten years after Snowden (2013 - 2023), is IETF keeping its promises?

For all end to end communications the routing system needs to know how to deliver the packet. Obscuring the mapping between the address and the location moves the anonymisation problem from the data plane to the routing plane. This makes life harder for the observer, but I am not sure that it makes it sufficiently hard as to be worth the cost. One advantage of the topological association of addresses is the intrinsic address aggregation property which both reduces routing traffic overhead and speeds up convergence.

Stewart

Sent from my iPad