Everything

I had not read these visionary "everything" drafts before. Good read!
inspiring. But... there's a famous xckd on this subject, regarding the
15th standard...

After reading a couple of those specs, derived from xml, etc...

I did want to point out that matrix.org has a very complete set of
specifications and has webrtc based p2p calling that "just works",
today. Similarly the fediverse is well along. I don't know how long it
will take to pull a universal telephone system out of the mess of
skype, signal, discourse, fediverse, and mastodon, not to mention
slack, and so on, because innovation seems eternal, and the benefits
of creating walled gardens, still too great.

I have mostly fled to the matrix, and email has become more a
notification means than a form of communication. I am sad, that in
general these new chat technologies are e2e encrypted and so much
information formerly freely shared, is being lost.

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz