Re: the value of free, IETF e-mail junked

Thank you to those who responded to my plea.

I have digested the e-mail headers and can see no change before and after my ESP decided that all RFC Editor e-mail and some other IETF Announce material are junk. (Note that this is one of a number of classifications that the ESP uses - attempts to sign up to a IETF WG mail list do not even get to the junk folder, they are discarded with no DSN message before getting that far).

I have learnt two more things. The ESP website has among its options one called block and that has an option 'Never block sender' so I have switched that on. Whether that is the same as 'Never junk' I cannot say. (Doubtless the answer is somewhere on someone's website but life is too short to go searching for that).

My other learning is that this classification as 'junk' seems to be context sensitive. I have more than one e-mail address and receiving an IETF annuncement e-mail on both, in one case it is classified as junk and on the other it is not so classifying e.g. RFC Editor e-mails as junk may depend on what I have received on the e-mail address from completely unrelated sources. Perhaps one e-mail address for each party I communicate with is the answer:-(

On that note I shall shut up for 2022 and hope for more fruitful times in 2023.

Tom Petch