Re: Problem Avoidance

Hello, Samir

Writing solution documents is the primary thing that we do at the IETF. That’s what the standards-track documents do. Still, there are problem statement documents, and some “best practices” document, that are problem avoidance documents.

Usually when someone suggests a new process (such as a new section in RFCs) it’s in response to some failure, or at least, a perceived failure.  Can you give an example of such a failure?  Of a document that went straight to a novel solution where avoidance would be sufficient?

Regards,

Yoav